Join the Top Story! Weekly Writing Staff!!
Posted by hughster1 on April 7th, 2012
JOIN THE WRITING STAFF OF TOP STORY! WEEKLY!!
Top Story! Weekly, the award-winning news-based sketch comedy show held every Sunday night at 9 at iO West, is looking for talented comedy writers to join its writing staff!
TS!W’s writing staff is responsible for putting together a collection of sketches for each Sunday’s show based upon the events of the previous seven days.
Requirements for staff members include:
1. Submitting two or more sketches each month (weekly submissions are welcomed!)
2. At least one week a month, attend the two production meetings:
- Wednesday night at 8:30, a writers’ meeting where sketch ideas are pitched and developed
- Thursday night at 8, a readthrough with the cast where all submitted sketches are read, a running order is selected and rewrites are assigned
- Friday afternoon by 3pm, turn in rewrites to that week’s director
To apply: Email a sketch packet (3 sketches, topical/news-oriented preferred) to email@example.com
- This file must be a .pdf file, a .doc file or a .rtf file.
- Email subject header should say (MY NAME) Sketch Packet
In the body of the email, please include your name, email, phone number, and availability, and a brief note about yourself and your experiences with comedy.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 16, 2012.
Even better, come see the show at iO West, every Sunday night at 9 pm. If you have any questions, or would like to request a comp to our show for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your work!